Lutherans in Virginia
- The Virginia Synod has 153 Lutheran congregations from far southwest Virginia to the coast join together to form the Virginia Synod which is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. The Lutheran congregations around Washington DC are a part of the Metro DC Synod.
- The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America was formed in 1988 and currently has over 9800 congregations and 4 million members in all 50 states.
- The average sized Lutheran Congregation in Virginia worships 85 people per Sunday.
- The oldest congregation in Virginia is Hebron Lutheran Church in Madison, Virginia which was founded in 1717.
- The newest congregation in Virginia is Grace and Glory Lutheran Church in Palmyria, Virginia which was founded in 2001.
- During an average year 1200 youth and adults attend Virginia Synod Youth Events.
- The Virginia Synod has a Wikipedia page: Wikipedia Page about VA Synod