For more information on the 2017 Lenten Series sponsored by the Virginia Synod TAPESTRY team, click here
- Week 1: Intro “Being Church Together in a Changing World”
Webinar: by The Rev. Aaron Fuller, Virginia Synod
Devotional: by The Rev. Brett Davis, Muhlenburg, Harrisonburg
- How do we hold true to the commitments of our faith traditions and yet speak it in a “language” those we wish to minister to can understand?
- As we learn from others, what learning goals do we wish to accomplish during this Lenten series? (What do we want to learn?)
- Week 2: God’s Mission has a Church (Why does God have a church?)
Webinar: by The Rev. Erika Uthe, SE Iowa Synod
Devotional: by The Rev. Phillip Martin, Epiphany, Richmond
- What is God’s mission in your life? In your congregation?
- Week 3: Listen, Listen, Listen! (Why listening – listening together – is necessary.)
Webinar: by The Rev. Deb Stehlin, Minneapolis Area Synod
Devotional: by Michelle Tucker, Christ, Radford
- Do you have a story about a time when God took you in a surprising direction?
- Week 4: Calling: You Can’t Do It By Yourself (Why being Church Together is Necessary)
Webinar: by The Rev. Justin Grimm, St. Paul Area Synod
Devotional: by Emily Pilat, Director of Communications for the Virginia Synod
- Week 5: Final Thoughts on “Being Church Together in Changing World”
Webinar: by Bishop James F. Mauney, Virginia Synod
Devotional: by The Rev. Harry Griffith, Our Saviour, Virginia Beach
- How well do you know your neighbors around you? Around your congregations?