Synod Assembly 2020
We have boldness and confident access to God by way of Christ’s faithfulness. (Ephesians 3.12 NET)
God is bold – speaking creation into being. God is bold – delivering God’s people from bondage into freedom. God is bold – speaking judgment and hope through the prophets. God is bold – being born of Mary to be God with us.
Jesus is bold – saving God’s people. Jesus is bold – showing us plainly and clearly God’s immeasurable love. Jesus is bold – encouraging us to take courage! Jesus is bold – in him we have peace. Jesus is bold – in him we live in the abiding presence of God. Jesus is bold – showering the needy with compassion and mercy. Jesus is bold – proclaiming good news to the poor and setting free those who are oppressed.
God is bold – gifting us each with grace and making us servants of the gospel. God is bold – calling us:
- To love God and love our neighbor (Matthew 22.34-40)
- To speak the message of the gospel with great courage (Acts 4.29)
- To make known the wisdom of God (Ephesians 3.10)
- To let our lights so shine that others see in us the unfathomable riches of Christ (Matthew 5.16; Ephesians 3.8)
- To proclaim the kingdom of God and teach about the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 28.31)
- To hold unwaveringly to the hope we confess (Hebrews 10.23)